Free Norwegian language courses
Apply for free Norwegian language training at Alfaskolen!
If you are qualified, you can now apply for free Norwegian language training at Alfaskolen! On behalf of the Norwegian Directorate for Integration and Diversity (IMDi), Alfaskolen now offers 80 hours of free Norwegian language training for levels B1-B2.
We have no available places left in 2022. Alfaskolen will be able to offer new places in 2023, provided that the government continues with further support. All applicants will be placed on a waiting list after completing the placement test!
How do I know if I am qualified?
This offer has limited capacity. Because of this, there are certain requirements you must meet in order to be eligible:
- You have completed A0-A2 level before (meaning you can start at B1 level).
- You have limited Norwegian skills, with a need to learn more Norwegian, regardless of length of residence in Norway or reason for immigration.
- You have used up your rights to education under the Introduction programme or Immigration act, or have no right to such free education (municipal Norwegian language training).
- You have completed upper secondary education as a minimum education level.
- You have not participated and are not participating in Norwegian language training funded by Kompetansepluss.
NB! You cannot participate in several free courses on behalf of IMDi with other private providers at the same time.
How do I apply?
You will need to take a placement test at our school during our opening hours. Please come at least an hour before our closing time to give yourself enough time to finish the test (office hours: MON-WED: 08:00 – 20:00, THU-FRI: 08:00 – 16:00). You will also need to fill out a mapping form. It’s also important that you bring valid identification. Placement test duration: up to 1 hour.
Once we have processed your application, you will receive confirmation of your enrollment.
NB: If you are granted a place on free Norwegian language training, your registration is binding!
We have no available places left in 2022. Alfaskolen will be able to offer new places in 2023, provided that the government continues with further support. All aplicants will be placed on a waiting list after completing the placement test!
Number of hours: 80 lesson hours (Each lesson hour lasts 45 minutes)
Days of the week: Monday and Wednesday, Tuesday and Thursday, or Saturdays
Time: 08:30 – 10:45, 11:00 – 13:15, 17:00-19:15, 19:30-21:45 or 10:00-15:00 (only on Saturdays)
Information about the course start date will be provided after completing the placement test and mapping form.
Books are not included in this offer. The cost of books needs to be covered by the participant.
Velkommen til Alfaskolen!